Annual Laboratory Safety Refresher Training
Annual Laboratory Safety Refresher Training Heading link
The following instructions are for accessing the UIC/EHSO online training.
Laboratory Safety Refresher Training is required by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for all researchers, students, faculty and staff working in research laboratories on campus. This should be completed annually.
The course will take approximately 1.5 hours to complete. If you cannot complete the course in one session, you may log in at a later time using the same user name and continue with course.
- You must pass a quiz at the end of the training course and receive a 100% passing grade.
- You can retake the quiz multiple times.
Complete the following steps to register for and access the Online training course.
- Go to http://uic.bioraft.com
- Login in with your University NetID and Password
- Select Training
- Select Course Directory
- Select Annual Laboratory Refresher Training
- Click on Launch Course
- Complete the Course
- The course has built in questions as you proceed through the topics. Complete the questions and click on Submit Responses
- Once course has been completely reviewed, the system will indicate that the course has been completed and you’ll be able to take a quiz to receive a training certificate for the course.
- If any of these online courses cannot be launched, please click Support, and fill out an error form, or email Support@BioRAFT.com for technical assistance. You can call 1-800-939-RAFT x82
- If you have questions concerning the training content or campus requirements, please email email@example.com with questions.
Verification of Training
Following the successful completion of the course, the BioRaft Safety Database will generate a certificate of completion. You will be able print this certificate. The database will store a digital record of the completed training and a copy of the certificate for later use.