BSL3/ABSL3 Training Heading link
Initial BSL3/ABSL3 Training (In-Class, 4hours) and Annual BSL3/ABSL3 Refresher Training (In-Class, 2 hours)
- This training is required to gain clearance into the UIC BSL-3/ABSL-3 facilities.
- Initial BSL-3 laboratory training is intensive training for laboratory staff, managers, and individuals with direct or indirect involvement with work in the UIC high-containment labs.
- This training is designed to prepare individuals to understand occupational risks associated with ABSL-3 and BSL-3 research and the importance of safe work practices and personal protection in preventing occupational exposure.
- Must have a valid UIC NetID and UIN.
- Must have a previous BSL3/ABSL3 experience or BSL2 experience (two years minimum), including Risk Group 2 infectious agents.
- Health Clearance.
- Must meet vaccination requirements.
- Prerequisite training: UIC lab safety training, BBP training, Hazardous Material Receiving training, Biosafety Cabinet training, and IATA Shipping training.
- Training Dates: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for registration.
- July 14th, 9 am – 1 pm
- October 13th , 9 am – 1 pm
- Jan 12th 2023, 9 am – 1 pm
- April 13th 2023, 9 am – 1 pm
- Additional information: Contact UIC EHSO Biosafety. (email@example.com, 6-6873)