Initial Laser Safety Training
Initial Laser Safety Training Heading link
The following instructions are for accessing the UIC/EHSO on-line training.
Initial Laser Safety Training is required by the Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA) for all researchers, students, faculty and staff planning to use a laser of class 3B and 4 at UIC. This basic training must be completed once.
The course will take approximately 30-45 minutes to complete. If you cannot complete the course in one session, you may log in at a later time using the same user name and continue with course.
- You must visit and complete each training exercise to receive credit for the training course
Complete the following steps to register for and access the Online training course.
- Go to http://uic.bioraft.com
- Login in with your University NetID and Password
- Select Training
- Select Course Directory
- Select Initial Laser Safety Training
- Click on Launch Course
- Complete the Course
- The course has built in questions as you proceed through the topics. Complete the questions and click on Submit Responses
- Once course has been completely reviewed, the system will indicate that the course has been completed and you’ll be able to take a quiz to receive a training certificate for the course.
- If any of these online courses cannot be launched, please click Support, and fill out an error form, or email Support@BioRAFT.com for technical assistance. You can call 1-800-939-RAFT x82
- If you have questions concerning the training content or campus requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Verification of Training
Following the successful completion of the course, the BioRaft Safety Database will generate a certificate of completion. You will be able print this certificate. The database will store a digital record of the completed training and a copy of the certificate for later use.