Introduction to Hazardous Materials Receiving
Introduction to Hazardous Materials Receiving Heading link
Introduction to Hazardous Materials Receiving is required by the Department of Transportation (DOT) for anyone preparing, shipping or receiving packages of hazardous materials (chemicals, infectious materials, chemical or diagnostic samples, etc.). This includes laboratory workers, office staff, and shipping and receiving personnel who handle packages and gas cylinders. The Hazardous Materials training must be repeated every three years.
The course will take approximately 1 hours to complete. Please allow enough time to complete the course.
- You must visit each slide and complete each exercise to receive a certificate
Complete the following steps to register for and access the Online training course.
- Go to http://uic.bioraft.com
- Login in with your University NetID and Password
- Select Training
- Select Course Directory
- Select Introduction to Hazardous Materials Receiving
- Click on Launch Course
- Complete the Course
- The course has built in questions as you proceed through the topics. Complete the questions and click on Submit Responses
- Once course has been completely reviewed, the system will indicate that the course has been completed and you’ll be able to take a quiz to receive a training certificate for the course.
- If any of these online courses cannot be launched, please click Support, and fill out an error form, or email Support@BioRAFT.com for technical assistance. You can call 1-800-939-RAFT x82
- If you have questions concerning the training content or campus requirements, please email email@example.com with questions.
Verification of Training
Following the successful completion of the course, the BioRaft Safety Database will generate a certificate of completion. You will be able print this certificate. The database will store a digital record of the completed training and a copy of the certificate for later use.