Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPPC) Training
Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) Heading link
The Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPPC) Training is required by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for all UIC workers that handle oil. All oil-handling workers must be trained in the operation and maintenance of equipment to prevent the discharge of oil. The training must be completed annually or more frequently, if deemed necessary.
The course will take approximately 25 minutes to complete.
- You must visit each slide and complete each practice exercise to receive a certificate
Complete the following steps to register for and access the Online training course.
- Go to http://uic.bioraft.com
- Login in with your University NetID and Password
- Select Training
- Select Course Directory
- Select Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPPC) Training
- Click on Launch Course
- Complete the Course
- The course has built in questions as you proceed through the topics. Complete the questions and click on Submit Responses
- Once course has been completely reviewed, the system will indicate that the course has been completed
- If any of these online courses cannot be launched, please click Support, and fill out an error form, or email Support@BioRAFT.com for technical assistance. You can call 1-800-939-RAFT x82
- If you have questions concerning the training content or campus requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Verification of Training
Following the successful completion of the course, the BioRaft Safety Database will generate a certificate of completion. You will be able print this certificate. The database will store a digital record of the completed training and a copy of the certificate for later use.