Lab Safety Responsibilities for Principal Investigators and Chemical Hygiene Officers Training-On Line
Principal Investigators (PI) are directly responsible for the safety of their workers. Principal Investigators can be held criminally liable for not ensuring a safe workplace. You cannot delegate your supervisory responsibilities for safety. This is a one time course requirement for all PIs. Chemical Hygiene Officers, Lab managers and others who help PIs maintain a safe laboratory environment should also attend.
The course will take approximately 1 hours to complete. Please allow enough time to complete the course.
- You must visit each slide and complete each exercise to receive a certificate
Complete the following steps to register for and access the Online training course.
- Go to http://uic.bioraft.com
- Login in with your University NetID and Password
- Select Training
- Select Course Directory
- Select PI and Chemical Hygiene Officers (CHO) Responsibilities Training (On Line)
- Click on Launch Course
- Complete the Course
- The course has built in questions as you proceed through the topics. Complete the questions and click on Submit Responses
- Once course has been completely reviewed, the system will indicate that the course has been completed and you’ll be able to take a quiz to receive a training certificate for the course.
- If any of these online courses cannot be launched, please click Support, and fill out an error form, or email Support@BioRAFT.com for technical assistance. You can call 1-800-939-RAFT x82
- If you have questions concerning the training content or campus requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Verification of Training
Following the successful completion of the course, the BioRaft Safety Database will generate a certificate of completion. You will be able print this certificate. The database will store a digital record of the completed training and a copy of the certificate for later use.