Labeling Unwanted Chemical Solvents
How to Label your Unwanted Chemical Solvents
1. For smaller chemical bottles, use the lavender colored, wired “Unwanted Chemical” tag provided by EHSO. These tags can be obtained by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For larger bottles, download the "Unwanted Chemical" label template on the website.
2. Fill out the tag with the information below:
a. Start date
b. Chemical components in the bottle
c. Hazard(s) associated with the chemical
d. Generator information (name, phone number)
3. Attach the “Unwanted Chemical” tag to the container with the wire.
4. For larger chemical bottles, stick the "Unwanted Chemical" label over the original container label.
5. Store the bottle in the "Unwanted Chemical Area" in your laboratory until removal. This area should have the “Unwanted Chemical Storage Area” sign.
6. Periodically check the bottles in the “Unwanted Chemical Storage Area” for leaks, damage, reactions. If a problem is present-contact the EHSO for support.